This supplementary edition will revert back to the original format, with most pages having one large image and some double page spreads. It covers the three Kompanien of PzIVs within PzRgt 27, looking at their stowage and markings in detail. To help with this I have tried to gather different views of the same vehicle or location where ever possible. I have had help with some of this background from Dennis de Zwart who is writing his own much more in depth book on the whole Division. Here is a link to his website: http://www.19panzerdivision.de
Brief unit history with leaders and battle locations listed
- Intro including background & images of training exercises prior to Barbarossa
- 3 chapters, one covering each Kompanie
- 10 double page spreads
- 9 of the vehicles are illustrated by more than a single image
- 69 photographs in total
- The usual appendix of photo rears
- A modelling section following the conversion of a 1/35 Ausf E in to a 6th K vehicle.
I'm cleaning out the airbrush in preparation for some late evenings this week.